Seasoned Saints is a ministry for men and women over 50.
As Seasoned Saints, we face issues peculiar to our place in God’s good plans, some sorrowful, some gladdening:
1. We have conflicting hormones -dealing with teens and adult children – and menopause
2. Experiencing an empty nest after years of bearing and caring for children
3. Grand parenting our precious little ones; some even raising grandchildren
4. Honoring our aging parents
5. Health issues
6. The freedom of retirement and using our time and money wisely
7. Death of a spouse…all of which serve as opportunities to prove the unchangeable love of our amazing God.
The sun has risen many days in our lives. We have experienced (and can share) the rich panorama of our lives and the constant faithfulness of God all along the way.
As David has said in Ps. 37:25, “I have been young, and now I am old; yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken or his descendants begging bread.”
Our ministry offers:
1. Purposeful encouragement and Biblical exhortation
2. Motivation to love and good works. God’s “seasoned” men and women are needed to
a. Mentor by example and teaching young husbands and wives and moms and dads
b. Be an adopted grandma or grandpa (single parents/no grandparents near) –
neighbor’s son/Grandparent’s Day
c. Come alongside those caring for aging parents
d. Visiting and ministering to those in convalescent homes
3. receive spiritually challenging devotions and teaching
4. fellowship with one another to enrich our lives and grow together in the Lord
We have enjoyed meeting new friends, building those friendships and building up one another in the Lord. I would encourage any qualified as “seasoned” to join us.